Sunday, October 15, 2006

The first of the Mohicans!











It has been a very creative day!! My nephews and niece told me about a mohican hat that they really wanted. They had seen Martin Gore of Depeche Mode wearing one on tour. Well I didn't know what the hell they were talking about but after a bit of research and a bit of fiddling I came up with the finished article this evening..all done in a day and ready to take orders!! So I have 3 to make already for the family!



Martin seen modelling it here for me, loves it and so do I ! It has a kind of gladiator, centurian feel to it aswell as the mohawk, of course!






Something really different to wear instead of a bobble hat in the cold weather this year and definitely will get you noticed!!






It only took about 300 gramms of wool in the main colour and I made it on the chunky machine.






Slowest part was putting the mohawk on, rather time consuming but I am going to dry a different method for the next ones.






All for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it ..........I want one . Model good looking chap as well !

Virginia Anne said...

Glad you like it!!
What colour would you like? What size head circumference?

Ang said...

Oh wow, that looks fantastic, really need one of those!!

Well done!

Anonymous said...

Been looking for one of these mohicans hat for ages.
Do you knit them for other people?
If yes how much? for a mans head
please let me know Thank Sarah
sarahmarquiss@yahoo.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Wow! I saw somone wearing one of these on bonfire bight and my 28yr old brother said he would love one for snowboarding...I wanted to get him one for xmas but I cant find one anywhere!!!

Can I commision you to knit me one?

Please get back to me asap.

Cheers, Dani

diamondfairys@aol.com